Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Embossed Greeting Cards!

 

A couple years back I was really into making greeting cards.  In fact, I opened a business selling my amazing greeting cards.  All of my cards were made with Lasting Impressions embossing templates!  Have you ever seen their templates?  They are sooo cute! 

I had a great time making them, but a salesperson I am NOT, so unfortunately my card business didn’t last too long!  I believe in trying things, even when you may not succeed! 

To emboss greeting cards you will need: an embossing template, a light box, an embossing tool and paper.  To start, place your template on your light box (turn light on) then put paper over your template and trace along the inside of the template with your embossing tool using a light pressure!  You will now have a raised (embossed) design!  Nothing to it, huh?  Next distress the raised edges of design so the embossing shows up better.  After that cut out your design and embellish your greeting card. 

Here are a few of my favorites that I have made!

HE04

Easter egg card

HE01    HE02

Easter Bunny cards

KB09

Friendship Card

KB07      KG01

Cards for little boys and little girls.

KN12       KN07

Cards for expecting moms and new babies!

M02     W01

Cards for men and women.

HT03    HH02

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Halloween Cards

HC02

Christmas cards

O05     O06

Cute bug cards

 

What do you think?  Cute, huh?  They are so much fun to make and you can be really creative with how you embellish your cards!  Give greeting cards a try using embossing templates.  You will never have to buy another greeting card again! 

Linking up at:

 Weekend Bloggy Reading    Oopsey Daisy   

4 comments:

  1. I would so buy these! Fantastic job Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites are the bunny w/ umbrella and smowman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are absolutely beautiful! I love them! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tara. Do you have any desire to have some of your cards displayed on the Lasting Impressions' Blog? While many of these templates are now discontinued (as well as some of the papers), your ideas are adorable and I think they will inspire others to emboss. Please e-mail me at LUV2EMBOSS@aol.com if you are interested and please visit the L.I. Blog and get back to embossing! With joy, :-) Donna

    ReplyDelete